Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. cod filet
- 1/2 lb. shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb. slender asparagus spears (ends trimmed)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons yellow miso paste
- Salt, pepper, to taste
- Rinse the cod and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a pan add 3 tablespoons of sugar to a pan along with 4 tablespoons of water. Boil it lightly.
- Stir in 4 tablespoons of miso paste and 2 tablespoons of mirin. Stir well until sugar has dissolved completely. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Transfer cod to a dish and pour miso glaze into it. Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove fish from the marinade. Put into a pan lined with foil.
- Toss vegetables with sesame oil in a small bowl and season with salt a and pepper. Now scatter veggies around fillets.
- Broil for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Enjoy!