Soy Sauce Salt Steak with Miso Fried Onion Butter
- 2 steaks (whatever your valentine likes best!)
- CinSoy Soy Sauce Salt (1 tsp per pound of meat)
- 6 tbsp butter (unsalted and softened)
- 2 tbsp CinSoy Miso
- 1 small brown onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Pat the steaks dry and season with Soy Sauce Salt on both sides. Let sit for an hour out of the fridge or 2 in the fridge.
- Thinly slice the onion. Fry in a pan over medium heat until softened and browned - about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- When cooled - roughly chop up the onion so it will be more cohesive in the butter mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and miso. Grate in the garlic clove and add the fried onions. Mix well.
- Place the butter mixture on a sheet of parchment paper and roll into a tight log. Place into the fridge to set. Slice into rounds.
- Wipe off the excess salt from the steaks. Cook to your preferred temperature.
- When you remove the steaks from the heat to rest - add a few pieces of your compound butter on top and let the flavor melt over the steak.
- Serve with your favorite potato and vegetable sides.